Thursday 20 August 2015

An evening Shank

Birds on the coast today, I was receiving news via the excellent 'whats app' service all day as I worked on.. So, after work I opted for a stroll through the dunes at Warkworth, this, as those that know the area know, did indeed turn into a shank...

Quiet really, Stonechat, Whitethroat and Chiff Chaff the only birds skulking in the scattered bushes. 

The tide was coming in and Waders were gathering on the edge of the saltmarsh areas. Redshank, Dunlin, Curlew, Lapwing, Ringed Plover all jostling for the most secure spots.

Returning back along the track and heading back to the car park I stopped to scan the Old Water Pools one last time, a few fresh young Redshank were feeding away and a single Greenshank was in the small pool closest to the main track... a few snaps I thought, low light but why not...


Greenshank and Redshank


a quiet but pleasant evening wander

3 comments:

  1. I thought your post said Evening Shark so I quickly clicked to see what you had seen! Nice bird though John

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought your post said Evening Shark so I quickly clicked to see what you had seen! Nice bird though John

    ReplyDelete
  3. That reminds me of that book 'Long Bay of Druridge' for some reason Nigel.. no sharks in that.

    ReplyDelete