Monday 1 September 2014

August

I've not felt I've had much for a good blog post this month but I thought I'd post now the month has ended.

It has been really good when I look back through my notebook. Coquet Estuary has been my main area of observation. Highlights included, hundreds of Redshank and Dunlin, Ringed Plover numbers steadily increasing, Turnstaone, Knot, including some fabulous summer plumage birds earlier in the month. Ruff, Greenshank, Spotted Redshank, Little Egret and Marsh Harrier.

Red Admiral, Peacock, Wall Brown, Speckled Wood and Common Darter.

Of course Caspian Gull has been very much the star of the show.

I'll just post a series of snaps and leave it at that...

Bushes at Coquet Picnic Site
 
Track of the Day

Marsh Harrier

Wren

Song Thrush, sunbathing


Sedge Warblers
 

Aln Estuary
Young Robin
 

Bumblers
 
Birling Carrs

Autumn Show
 
Speckled Wood



Sea Aster
Wall Brown
 
Sea Buckthorn
 
Caspian Gull

1 comment:

  1. Thats a proper autumnal looking post John, lovely...

    ReplyDelete